Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Three Poems, by Jason Heroux

 

 

After Padgett

I saw a darkened cloud of something.
I stood under it.
It did what it had to do,
and rained.
This is where things get interesting:
when the rain fell to the earth
the rain wet my clothes,
and I was cold.
This is where things get interesting:
I was cold.

  

Assembly

At the assembly when they asked
If anyone had questions 

I was the first to raise a hand.
“Why aren’t there any numbers
in the alphabet?” 

No one had a clue.

They said they’d get
back to me with an answer but
they haven’t yet and never will. 

They never do.

 

A Death

A death
is a guest 

who stays
forever 

then out
of nowhere

suddenly

packs
its bags 

and stays

forever.

 

 

 

Jason Heroux is the author of four books of poetry: Memoirs of an Alias (2004); Emergency Hallelujah (2008); Natural Capital (2012) and Hard Work Cheering Up Sad Machines (2016). His most recent book is the novel Amusement Park of Constant Sorrow (Mansfield Press, 2018). He is the current Poet Laureate for the City of Kingston.

No comments:

Post a Comment

d.find(“A person…”), by Kyle Flemmer

27 search result: A person who operates a machine. A person who runs a data processing center. A person who maintains a development support ...